How and when we use your information.
Why we collect your information. Meridian needs to collect and, in limited circumstances, share your personal information in order to run its everyday business of serving you. Specifically, we collect client information in order:
• to accurately identify you,
• to protect and administer your records, accounts and funds,
• to understand your financial needs,
• to allow you to conveniently apply for new services, and
• to comply with certain laws and regulations
What we collect and share. This information can include:
• Your name, date of birth, telephone number, and address.
• Relevant identification numbers (such as a social security number, passport number, and/or tax identification number).
• Information about our transactions with you, including account information, investment goals, and other financial information.
• Information about your transactions with authorized non-affiliated third parties, such as brokers and custodians, including your account information with those brokers or custodians.
How we selectively share your information. In the course of providing our everyday services to our clients, we disclose clients' personal information listed above in limited instances, which include:
• Disclosures to financial service providers, such as personal and account information to authorized brokers and custodians.
• Disclosures to third party non-financial service providers, such as personal information and account information to cloud-hosted financial planning and customer relations management software providers.
• Other limited disclosures as permitted by law, such as required reports to government entities.
Limitations on sharing your information. Under federal law, you may limit the way a financial institution shares your information for creditworthiness purposes with affiliates, for its affiliates' marketing purposes, or for marketing purposes with non-affiliated third parties. Meridian, however, already does not do these things. If we change our practices regarding collecting or sharing your personal information, we will provide you with notice as required by law and the opportunity to opt-out. By contracting for and/or continuing to use Meridian’s services, you consent to Meridian’s collection and maintenance of your personal information as described in this Policy.
How we protect your personal information. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include technological and procedural safeguards, including secured files and secured buildings. We limit employee access to only those employees with a business reason for accessing such information, and we train our employees about the importance of keeping client information private.
Former Clients. If you end your relationship with Meridian, we will adhere to the information policies and practices described in this Policy.
Other important information. While this Policy does not apply to trusts for which we serve as trustee, employee benefit plans for which we provide fiduciary or other services, or business accounts, our trust, employee benefit plan and business clients' information is also very important to us. We also respect the privacy of our business clients, and will also take steps necessary to protect their information. We separately follow all of our policies and procedures to meet our fiduciary obligations to all our clients. For more information, please call 1-865-342-4400.
For more detailed information about Meridian Trust, contact Ashley Thomas at 865.342.4447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018-2022 Meridian Trust & Investment Company, LLC. • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Website by: Forty-Second Street, Inc.